AS DISTRICT FACILITIES ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR USE BY NON-DISTRICT (OUTSIDE) CLIENTS, CERTAIN RESTRICTIONS FOR USE HAVE BEEN PUT IN PLACE.
- Each facility will be limited in capacity (total participants and spectators):
- HHS Gym--250
- ES/MS Gyms--150
- HHS PAC--250
- NMS PAC--200
- HHS Stadium--250
- Maintain CDC recommendation of 6-feet between non-household parties.
- Requesting organization will provide adequate hand sanitizer for those in attendance, to be placed at all entrances. Entrances/exits will be separated.
- Where possible, entrance doors (including bathrooms) will be propped open.
- Participants will not be allowed to enter areas other than those listed in the rental/use agreement.
- No tables or seating will be permitted in any commons.
- No concession facilities or sales will be allowed.
- Availability of use to be determined by the Activities Director and may include the following additional considerations:
- May be limited to one “large” group per building
- May be limited based on the likelihood of different groups interacting with each other
- May be limited due to availability of district custodial staff to provide for cleaning following an event.
PLEASE REMEMBER: No requests from external clients for gym space for the 2020-2021 School Year will be accepted prior to Monday, August 10, 2020. Any requests from external clients received prior to that date will be denied and the requester will be required to resubmit on or after August 10.
Harrisburg School District Facility Request Interface
- Requests will be taken via Facilities Scheduling powered by rSchoolToday.
- Requests will require a username/password by each individual requesting usage.
- There will be a link sent to you for username/password registration on the bottom right-hand corner of the webpage – labeled Requester’s Login
- First-time requesters will need to click “Become a Requester” to receive a username and password.
- You will not be able to log in until you have received an email stating you have been approved as a requester.
- Requests will ONLY be taken from the HEAD or ASSISTANT coach of the team.
- Requests will ONLY be taken from DIRECTOR or ASSISTANT DIRECTOR of other organized activity groups.
Activity & Location Information
- If you need two locations within a building (a gym and the commons) be sure to request both locations.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE TO TYPE THE ACTIVITY YOU WILL BE INSTRUCTING IN THE GYM IN ADDITION TO THE COACH/DIRECTORS NAME.
- FOR EXAMPLE - 2ND GRADE BASKETBALL - JOHN DOE
- Practices will be scheduled at the following Harrisburg School District Schools: Endeavor, Explorer, Freedom, Horizon, Journey, Liberty, NMS, and SMS.
- Requests must be made 72 hours in advance of the activity.
- Two teams per one and a half-hour time slots beginning at 3:30 PM – 5:00 PM, 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM, and 8:00 PM to 9:30 PM. The curtain will be pulled at each facility for Court 1 and Court 2 availabilities.
- Saturday 8:00-9:30 AM, 9:30-11:00 AM, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM, 12:30-2:00 PM, 2:00-3:30 PM
- Sunday reservations times are 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM, 2:00-3:30 PM, 3:30-5:00 PM, 5:00-6:30 PM, 6:30-8:00 PM, and 8:00-9:30 PM
- Once your dates/times have been approved any reservation from 5:00-9:30 pm and WEEKENDS need to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 605-351-1976 to get an access card to the respective buildings.
- Upon receiving your APPROVAL NOTIFICATION for facilities please verify all dates and times as some dates and some requested times may not have been available.
- Harrisburg School District Activities will have precedent over any available time slot. These discretions are made by the Harrisburg School Districts Activities Directors.
- Each team or group requires ADULT supervision of practices/activity at all times.
Date Restrictions & Cancellations
- Due to the need for 8-foot baskets in the 2nd-grade division for basketball, please be cognizant of the younger groups looking for gym time that you do not request FREEDOM or EXPLORER if you have a 3rd-grade group or higher.
- If there is inclement weather that forces the Harrisburg School District to cancel classes, ALL RESERVATIONS will be canceled as well.
- NO RESERVATIONS during the weeks of 11/25 – 11/28, 12/24 – 12/25, Dec. 31-Jan. 1, 2019.
- Facilities may not be scheduled past 9:30 p.m.
- The Harrisburg School District reserves the right to cancel or reschedule reservations to any school-sponsored activities not regularly scheduled.
- Any questions or concerns are to be directed to email@example.com or Toby.Bryant@k12.sd.us.
- The Harrisburg School District will do everything possible to accommodate appropriate and realistic individual team needs. Your cooperation is appreciated.